At last! It’s been year since I wanted to make my own Christmas Crackers. They are ready for Christmas’ Eve. Here is a DIY to make your own Christmas crackers.
I never bought some for I thought it was expensive and the gifts weren’t that funny. But I wanted to have some for Christmas Eve. My children quite agreed and motivated me for this Christmas.
I gathered small presents from charity shops and even made a small souvenir from the Sea ( a tiny bottle, sand, a piece of coral and seaside flowers – I think it’s so nice). I was ready to make my own crackers. It’s simple: it’s only about mastering the wrapping.
Christmas Crackers DIY
What you need
- A cardboard tube
- Thin wrapping paper
- firecrackers with strings
- Hot glue gun
- Cut pieces of the wrapping paper
- Place the cardboard tube filled with the small gift
- Fix the cracker with hot glue, on the extremities og the string, on the edga of the wrapping paper. Let cool down.
- Roll the tube, glue.
- Use another cardboard tube, to straighten the shape as you fasten the ribbons.
- Et voilà !
When I was a kid, we used to have a grab bag on Christmas Eve. I loved this moment of surprises. This year we will have the same kind of moment with these Homemade crackers.